• 37 oz. Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
• 18 oz. Citric Acid Powder
• 1 oz. Lathanol LAL Coarse (SLSa)
• 1/2 oz. Lavender & Peach Fragrance Oil
• 3/4 Teaspoon(s) Matte Lavender Ultramarine Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Neon Orange You Glad Mica Powder
• 7 Piece(s) Bath Bomb Mold 2.75" (Large - 2pc Set)
• Large Mixing Bowls - 3
• Digital Scale
• Measuring Cups and Spoons
• Wire Whisk
• Spray Bottle with Alcohol (for spritzing)
• Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Plastic Pipettes / Droppers
• Shrink Wrap Bands - 135 x 55 (optional)
- Separate the bath bomb molds in 7 sets so they are ready to use. You will see how one side is slightly different so they fit together.
- Weigh out the 18 oz. of Citric Acid and place in one bowl.
- Add the 37 oz. of Baking Soda and mix together with a wire whisk.
- For Step #5 We suggest wearing a mask as the lathanol powder is very fine and gets airborne quickly.
- Add 1 oz. of Lathanol Powder SLSa to the mixture and carefully blend in.
- To a large bowl, place 1/2 of mixture. Into two smaller bowls, add 1/4 each of remaining mixture.
- To the larger bowl, add 3/4 tsp. of Matte Lavender Ultramarine Powder and mix well with a wire whisk. It may be easier to use your hands to blend but be sure to wear gloves.
- Leave one bowl white and to the 3rd bowl add 1/4 tsp. of Neon Orange You Glad powder color and mix well.
- Measure 0.5 oz. of Lavender & Peach Fragrance Oil into a plastic beaker. Using a plastic dropper, drizzle the fragrance among the 3 bowls. Mix the fragrance in well, either with a whisk or gloved hands.
- Now, all three bowls are ready. Begin to spritz the mixtures with alcohol, continuing until the mixture stays together when pressed into the palm of your hand.
- For ease of understanding, these directions are for the way we added the color mixture to our bath bomb mold. You can choose whichever order you would like to add your mixture.
- Take some of the white mixture and pat down into one side of the mold. Next, add some orange and pat down firmly.
- With the other side of the mold, add orange first, then white. This shoud be the opposite colors from the first mold.
- Top each side off with the purple for the middle. Mound it up slightly so both sides will stick together.
- Place the two halves together and press firmly so both sides stick together. You can remove the top of the mold, brush off any excess mixture around the edge and place back on. If top and bottom are not sticking together, spritz with more alcohol to help the sides adhere to each other.
- Continue with the other bath bomb molds in this same manner or however you want to mix the colors for your bath fizzies.
- Keep the fizzies in the molds overnight. If possible, prop them up so they are suspending and the bottom is not sitting on a surface. This may result in the bath fizzy having a flat bottom. You might try a loaf pan or narrow shoe box to prop them in.
- The next day, remove your bath fizzies from the mold. See how each one has a unique pattern.
- Package as desired. You might place each in a cello bag tied with corresponding ribbon or wrap in colored tissue paper.
- If you choose to keep the bath bomb in the mold and use as packaging, we recommend using the 135" x 55" shrink wrap band to secure both sides in place. This is applied around the entire bath bomb mold.
- If required, label product accordingly.
NorthWood Candle, LLC is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.