Simple Shower Steamer Recipe - Make Your Own Shower Steamers
Ingredients• 1 Pound(s) Ultra Fine Citric Acid Powder
• 2 Pound(s) Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
• 4 Ounce(s) White Kaolin Clay
• 2 Ounce(s) Body Safe Fragrance Oil
• 1 Piece(s) Silicone Mold or Shower Steamer Scoop
Equipment• Cookie Sheet
• Fork or Whisk
• Mixing Bowl
• Sifter (optional)
• Spray Bottle filled with Rubbing Alcohol
View all of our Easy DIY Kits - Make Your Own Soap, Candles, Face Creams, Lip Balm, and More!
Recipe Directions - DIY Shower Steamers
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron. Sinus Blend fragrance can be substituted for another approved fragrance if desired.
- Prepare work space.
- Set mold on a cookie sheet for stability. This will also allow for an easier clean up. Set aside until ready to use.
- Measure the baking soda, citric acid and clay. Place into mixing bowl and mix well. If you find these have clumps, a sifter will allow you to break up the clumps and better blend the two ingredients.
- Separate mixture into two bowls. Recipe makes quite a few bath fizzies. Easier to mix when split in half, also can make other half different color and/or scent, if desired.
- If you wish to add cosmetic colorant, add it now. Mix well.
- Using a plastic dropper, add 30 ml or 1 oz. essential oil blend by drizzling into different locations of the mixture. Do not pour all of fragrance into one location of the bowl.
- Using a whisk or fork, mix well by breaking up lumps of fragrance oil.
- Once mixture is free of clumps, begin to spray with rubbing alcohol. Using gloved hands, toss the mixture while it is being sprayed.
- Once mixture is just moist enough to stay together when pressed, it is ready to be molded. Note: This step is easy to check by taking a tablespoon of the mixture and squeezing it in the hand. If it falls apart, then you need to continue to spray and mix. Make sure you are wearing gloves for this part of the recipe.
- Once the mixture is the correct consistency, press a few tablespoons of the mix into the mold cavity. Press firmly. The back of our plastic beaker works great for pressing. Fill all of the mold cavities.
- Cover mixture in the bowl. Wait 15 minutes and remove fizzies from the mold. Allow to sit for 1 hour before packaging. You will know the fizzies are ready to package because they will be hard.
- If you are planning on selling this product, you will need to label according to FDA labeling guidelines. INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Kaolin, Fragrance
Professional Quality • Wholesale Pricing • NorthWood Distributing
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: DIY Shower Steamers, Easy Shower Steamer Recipe, Make Your Own Shower Steamers, Shower Steamer Recipe, Simple Shower Steamer Recipe, Sinus Blend Shower Steamers